- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House*, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- See Advert Details
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 26 November 2020 01:00 PM
£20,092 - £23,080 pa
This is a Fixed Term Contract or Secondment opportunity until end of May 2021.
We are looking for a confident and organised Admin & Technical Support Officer to join our team in Electoral Services with the values, commitment and motivation to make a difference for our districts.
We are seeking a flexible and proactive team player with proven experience in being organised, customer focused and applying processes. You will have the ability to understand situations, develop solutions to problems and use your initiative with accuracy.
Confident working as part of a team and independently, you will manage a busy workload across the Electoral Services team.
Successful applicants will:
- have excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills and be able to deal with people at all levels.
- have a ‘can do’ attitude, be able to multitask and manage and prioritise a variety of tasks to strict deadlines.
- be proactive and have a measured approach to responding effectively to enquiries.
- be computer literate, with experience in using excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook.
Attention to detail, alongside the ability to manage data and maintain accurate records is key for this role.
- Process applications to the electoral register, absent vote requests and general register enquiries.
- Support the delivery of annual canvass, including sorting, scanning and processing canvass returns. Liaising with canvassers.
- Support the delivery of all Local and National elections and referenda, including booking polling stations, preparing polling station equipment and deal with elector enquiries.
- Manage incoming communications (mail, telephone and email) to make sure that Electors receive a positive and timely response to all queries.
- Use Microsoft Office or other software to produce documents for others.
- Liaise with colleagues in other teams or services, or external contacts, to arrange meetings or events.
*This role is normally based at our modern and conveniently located office accommodation, however, during the COVID 19 pandemic, we have been working at home and it has worked really well for us.
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with full time, part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.
For an informal discussion about this role please call David Connors – Corporate Manager Electoral Services & Land Charges on 01449 724604 or email David.Connors@baberghmidsuffolk.gov.uk