- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Beacon House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- See Advert Details
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 06 December 2020 11:30 PM
£18,933 (pro rata for part time hours)
We have an exciting opportunity to work in the Financial Inclusion and Advice Service (FIAS), to provide support in all financial aspects of the work of Adult and Community Services (ACS).
FIAS as a whole work with vulnerable customers who are receiving services from Social Care due to long term and complex medical conditions.
- processing payment of direct payments and providing advice to customers and professionals
- financial assessments for adult care services
- liaising with customers and their representatives and colleagues in Social Work Services
- preparing information to enable customers to be billed correctly for their care services and acting on behalf of ACS in our role as Court of Protection Deputy for Customers who are unable to manage their own finances.
- be able to work proactively both as individually and as part of a team.
- have good attention to detail.
- Be able to communicate effectively with Professionals, members of the team and members of the public via phone, correspondence, and face to face.
- Ability to use your own initiative
- self-driven, flexible, and emotionally resilient person who will bring their personality, skills, and experience
Training and on-going mentoring for the role will be provided.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jayne Hay on (01394) 605036.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.