- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 31 January 2021 11:30 PM
£25,991 - £32,234 subject to knowledge and experience.
Based in Ipswich, but you will need to have the ability to work flexibly from multiple locations for this role.
We are looking for a confident and resilient Executive Assistant (EA) to provide support and secretarial services, at a senior level to the Chief Fire Officer and Executive Director of Public Safety and the Cabinet Member responsible for the Environment and Public Protection. The Directorate is a 24/7 service which works at a fast pace providing a public safety service to the communities of Suffolk. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of initiative, with well-developed PA skills. You must be highly organised, have good attention to detail and be able to work flexibly to meet deadlines.
You will be responsible for:
- Diary management, including organising meetings and conference calls, booking travel and accommodation
- Administrative support, such as booking rooms, producing agendas and minutes, monitoring and/or taking actions
- Supporting the CFO / Cabinet Member in the effective running of the Directorate
- Coordinating requests for information and responses. Communicating on behalf of the CFO/ Cabinet Member using a number of channels, including email, letters and online via the NFCC workplace forum
- Horizon scanning engagements and events in diaries and ensuring sufficient briefing materials are requested in a timely fashion
- Where necessary resourcing equipment i.e. ordering laptops & mobile phone from procurement and managing associated relationships
- Preparation of written materials as appropriate or related to policy projects as requested, proof-reading and formatting.Liaising with colleagues within the directorate and wider County Council
- Drafting of PowerPoint presentations
- Establishing a network within the UK fire and Rescue Services and HMICFRS.
For an informal discussion please contact Dan Fearn, Temp Chief Fire Officer and Director for Public Safety: Dan.Fearn@suffolk.gov.uk
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.