- Orwell Housing Association Ltd
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 27 November 2020 01:00 PM
- £16,777-£17,660 pa
- 37 hpw, Monday – Friday.
- Ref: IP143
Are you a conscientious individual with a keen eye for detail? Do you have the dedication to positively impact those in your community? Do you want to know that the work you do makes a difference to people daily?
Orwell Housing Association provides homes for over 7,500 residents throughout Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridge.
We are an organisation whose values are at the core of everything we do, and we have an underlying belief that together we make a difference.
We are looking for a considerate and conscientious individual to join our Orwell Estate Services Team. The role purpose is to provide a comprehensive Caretaking and gardening service, as well as empty property management.
As part of this role you will:
- Regularly sweep the footpaths, roads, car parks and drying areas
- Deal with repairs, liaising with tenants and contractors to achieve the best possible service
- Carry out minor repairs/improvements and record each of these jobs in a monthly written report
- Install and annually check smoke detectors, advising tenants if batteries require replacement
- Change light bulbs in communal areas (external and internal)
- Cut and trim the communal grassed areas and weed, prune and generally maintain the communal planted areas
- Carry out landscaping improvements, including new planting Keep all communal areas tidy and free from litter
- Liaise with the Association’s contractors regarding repairs to empty properties and ensuring that reasonable access is available to enable repairs to be carried out within the set time scales.
If an emergency arises outside the hours of duty the caretaker will be expected to deal with the matter at any time of day or night if available on the estate.
- have a good understanding of garden and building maintenance
- ideally have worked in a similar role
- have experience in managing several daily tasks and completing them to the best standard
- be polite and approachable, with a keen eye for detail.
Due to the nature of this role, a full driving licence is essential.
What’s in it for you?
- 22 – 26 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays
- Agile working
- Bonus and referral scheme
- great training programme
- work with a silver accredited Investors in People and Best Companies listed organisation
If you have the passion to deliver first rate estate services and the drive to make a difference get in touch today!
For further information on Orwell Housing Association please visit our website: www.orwell-housing.co.uk
To apply, please visit: https://orwellhousing.current-vacancies.com/Careers/orwell-housing-external-microsite-1648/?cid=1648 or send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 11 December 2020.