- Orwell Housing
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £8.72 ph - £9.18 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 22 October 2020 01:00 PM
Various hours available. 3 week rolling rota, 9.45pm – 07.15am.
Care to join us? Together We Make the Difference
- enthusiastic, approachable and patient, with a friendly nature?
- organised and value high standards of cleanliness?
If so, this could be the job for you!
Based at Wenham View, Capel St Mary which was built by Orwell in 2011. Wenham View delivers exceptionally high-quality support to our customers in a supported housing setting, consisting of 19 two-bedroom apartments over two floors and 13 two-bedroom bungalows.
In this fulfilling role, you will help to keep a safe and positive environment where our customers can maintain independence in their own homes. A large proportion of the role will be carrying out general cleaning duties. You will be required to work on your own, respond calmly to emergencies and work flexibly to meet the needs of the customers.
Your duties will include:
- to undertake hourly security checks of the building during the night
- to ensure the safety and well-being of all persons and take appropriate action in the event of an emergency
- to undertake cleaning and other domestic type tasks of the communal areas within the scheme
- maintain accurate records.
- be polite and approachable
- act professionally at all times
- have an understanding of general Health & Safety issues
- be willing to undertake further/ongoing training.
We offer you:
- 22 days annual leave per year, plus Bank Holidays (pro rata, increasing with length of service)
- referral and bonus scheme
- the opportunity to be a part of something truly special
- great training programme
- work with a silver accredited Investors in People and Best Companies listed organisation.
If you have the passion to deliver first rate care and support and the drive to make a difference get in touch today!
For further information on our services please visit our website: www.orwell-housing.co.uk
To apply please send a covering letter and CV via email: email@example.com
Full PPE will be provided including certified face masks which are always required to be worn in line with current Public Health England guidelines.
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.