- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 11 May 2021 11:30 PM
- £20,903 (pro rata for part time)
- 37 hours a week (part time hours can be considered)
- Fixed term/secondment for 12 months (funding)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) Communications Team as a Video Content Assistant working from Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich IP1 2BX.
We are looking for someone creative, able to juggle multiple demands and a talented and ambitious producer of excellent video content.
Does that sound like you? If so, then you could be who we are looking for.
Suffolk County Council's communications team exists to support the council policy priorities. We add value and expertise by delivering campaigns that use behavioural insights to drive change, shaping and sharing information and protecting and enhancing the council's reputation.
We think about audiences first and deliver communications activities that achieve agreed results. We like to learn, so evaluate our work to measure its impact and improve in the future.
Our team is quickly becoming a centre of excellence for delivering campaigns and using behavioural insights. We strive to make a real difference - bringing creativity and turbo-charging communications and campaigns.
Our team is an environment where people thrive.
- You will be one of three important creative roles embedded at the heart of the communications team
- You will assist the Video Content Producer to help create a range of engaging multimedia content to help Suffolk County Council to deliver its organisational objectives
- Working with agreed budgets, you will use your video production expertise and experience to support the Video Content Producer in the development and delivery of high-profile campaigns that have positive impacts on people’s behaviours and deliver compelling messages to target audiences and engage the community.
You will need
- a passion for creating innovative and appealing content, whilst having the initiative in both filming and editing to increase production value with every project
- to be educated to degree level or equivalent, or appropriate professional experience in a video production, film, or new media in a corporate environment.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role, you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Kate Dodd on (01473) 260669.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed above.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.