- Debenham Roundabout Pre-school
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 16 May 2021 11:30 PM
- £11.50 - £12.50 ph
- 8am – 4.30pm, Monday – Friday, term time only.
Debenham Roundabout is a friendly, Ofsted rated ‘Good’ preschool that cares for children aged 2 – 5 years, situated in the heart of Suffolk village of Debenham. We are open term time only, with sessions between the hours 9am - 3pm. We are looking to recruit a Preschool Leader, starting in June 2021 to join our dedicated, enthusiastic and friendly team.
- To manage the Preschool staff and undertake all the duties of the leader.
- Provide inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children and maintain a safe, stimulating, and enjoyable environment.
- Manage and oversee the planning, delivery, and monitoring of the EYFS curriculum in accordance with the children's social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs.
- To reflect on current practice and ensure the provision of education and childcare is meeting the agreed quality standards.
You will have:
- A relevant qualification Level 3 or above or equivalent
- At least one year’s post-qualification experience
- Excellent communication skills are essential together with a friendly and flexible approach.
- Commitment to young children and families.
- You will have a genuine passion for children and be committed to their education.
- Experience of observation and assessment of the developmental needs of children, together with basic First Aid and a Food Hygiene Certificate would be desirable.
- To work with staff and committee to contribute to the overall ethos or the pre-school.
- To deploy staff on a day-to-day basis (indoors and outside) to ensure correct ratios are maintained.
- To support all staff and monitor systems in place, eg effective key person system, Learning Journeys, Two Year Checks and Development Matters Summary, IEPs, Behaviour Management Plans, Safeguarding and Welfare documentation and personnel records.
- To ensure that all staff, comply at all times with all legal requirements and the pre-school’s policies, procedures, including confidentiality and sharing information.
- To carry out safer recruitment practices and mentor work experience students, newly appointed staff and volunteers.
- To have excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively work with children families, staff, outside professionals and other agencies as necessary.
- To induct, supervise and contribute to performance management of staff according to policies and procedures
Please complete the attached application form and return together with your CV to Preschool Committee Co-Chair, Sarah Watts on: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare. DBS checks are carried out for all our staff and volunteers and we will require two references.