- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £32,910 (pro rata for part time)
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 26 October 2020 11:30 PM
Fixed term/secondment for 24 months (funding).
A new opportunity has arisen to work within the Environment Strategy Team, a dynamic group of professionals committed to delivering low carbon measures within homes and business premises, supporting Suffolk’s communities to benefit from the transition to a low carbon economy and ensuring growth in Suffolk is inclusive.
We are looking for someone:
- with strong and demonstrable project management skills, preferably within a sustainable energy-related position
- who is highly organised and pays attention to detail
- with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work co-operatively with colleagues at all levels.
You will be working on the European Regional Development Fund ‘Eastern New Energy’ (ENE) project in Suffolk. Led by the University of East London, this aims to understand and remove the barriers that prevent us rapidly decarbonising our communities, buildings, transport, and lives.
Your role will include:
- developing and delivering work for the ENE project, achieving all contracted targets whilst meeting the ERDF Operational Programme 2014-2020 reporting requirements
- supporting the development and delivery of a Suffolk Climate Emergency Plan in collaboration with ENE partners and the Suffolk Climate Change Partnership
- providing strategic and project management support to develop innovative business cases and funding models for multi-stakeholder low carbon energy projects that deliver a financial or strategic return to the Council and its partners, recruiting and engaging stakeholders as required in order to develop and implement these models
- monitoring and reporting project outcomes to stakeholders.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact David Walton on (01473) 264842 or email: email@example.com
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.