- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Beacon House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- See Advert Details
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 06 December 2020 11:30 PM
£20,903 (pro rata for part time)
25 hours per week
The Visiting Officer will be working as part of Financial Inclusion and Advice Service (FIAS) for Adult Social Care.
You will be assisting the customer to provide information to Financial Inclusion and Advice Service to complete financial assessments, ensure that the customer is receiving all benefits that they are entitled and to prevent and resolve debt to SCC.
You will need:
- good working knowledge of benefit entitlement
- an understanding of Adult Social Care and the impacts of chargeable services.
- experience of supporting customers in completing forms
- good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- to be able keep accurate and clear recordings
- to be confident working directly with Customers and their families and/or carers in a variety of settings including in customers own home
- an understanding of the financial issues people with long term and complex medical conditions face would be an advantage.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or be able to use pool cars.
Training and on-going mentoring for this role will be provided.
The post will involve working with vulnerable adults and any appointment will be subject to a DBS check.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Sarah Nivison on 01473 265198.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.