- Ipswich Borough Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 12 May 2021 11:30 PM
- £26,511 - £28,672
- 37 hours per week
We are recruiting 2 full time posts for our busy Revenues and Inspection team. Working within the Shared Revenues Partnership, you will be dealing with the billing, collection and recovery of Council Tax, Non-Domestic Rates and Housing Benefit Overpayments across our three partner Local Authorities.
Normally based at Grafton House, Russell Road, Ipswich, but currently home-working. You will be responsible for maintaining and amending account records, making decisions and taking the necessary action against accounts where there is a debt requiring recovery action. This may include property inspections.
You will be dealing with customers on the phone and in writing, resolving their queries and providing explanations and clarification of decisions, giving in depth advice and guidance relating to legislation, policies and procedures.
You will need:
- 2 years' qualitative experience and either 1 A level or 5 GCSEs (including Maths and English) or an NVQ level 3 in a related field
- Up to date knowledge of Revenues legislation or experience within a similar field
- Experience of billing and collecting debts
- Ability to organise, prioritise, analyse and work on your own initiative
- Ability to approach work flexibly with a can-do attitude
- Good communication skills and a strong customer focus
Experience of using Revenues and Benefits software systems is desirable
Apply online at: www.ipswich.gov.uk/jobs where you can complete the online application form for this vacancy.
Interview date: w/c 24 May 2021.