- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- * Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £28,785 to £33,799 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 12 August 2020 01:00 PM
If you're passionate about people development, bringing fresh ideas to the table and really want to make a difference, please keep reading as this may be the role for you.
It's been a busy few months for our HR & OD team and we have lots to do. We have just reviewed our People Strategy and are now on the lookout for an L&D Advisor to join us and get involved in a variety of exciting projects.
We are looking for someone with an energetic approach and the ability to prioritise and juggle a varied workload. You could be delivering engaging workshops, driving our wellbeing agenda, building on new ideas, improving processes and resources and that’s just a starter for 10. You will be influencing across all levels, building strong relationships and working collaboratively both within the organisation and with our various partners. It’s an exciting time for us and this is a really great role for the right candidate. Please see more detail below, but also look at our Job Description/Person Specification for full details of the role.
- Create, manage and deliver the Organisational Learning and Development Plan on time, within budget and with a focus on value and cost effectivene
- Analyse organisational and individual learning and development needs, guide and support staff and managers in order to design, deliver and evaluate effective L&D intervention
- Influence managers, employees, partners and external providers to ensure effective outcomes from learning and development initiatives and interventions and agree costs and key deliverables
- Use workforce information, data and best practice to shape and inform learning and development initiatives, policies and procedures
- Produce learning and development data that influences future decisions and direction
- Design and deliver successful work experience, apprenticeship, intern and graduate recruitment and development programmes working collaboratively with our Suffolk partners where appropriate
- Manage and monitor professional qualifications being undertaken within the business
- Support our employee engagement activities
- Maximise return on apprenticeship levy
- Promote coaching, mentoring and self-led learning
- Participate in partnerships and working groups that provide opportunities to work together for mutual benefit, share knowledge and best practice.
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils are committed to agile and flexible working practices (subject to business need). We believe that work is something we do and not somewhere we go; we want our staff to feel enabled and empowered to fully embrace these opportunities.
*This role is normally based at our modern and conveniently located office accommodation, however, during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been working at home full time and it has worked really well for us.
We can offer great opportunities for training and development and we will give you all the support you need.
We offer flexible working options, a generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, discount scheme and a pension scheme.
For an informal discussion about this role please send through you name and a contact number to email@example.com and we’ll give you a call back.