- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £25,295 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 12 August 2020 11:30 PM
Secondment/Fixed Term Contract.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly talented individual to work on ambitious programme of skills development, which will make a real difference to the Adult Health and Social Care Sector.
The Developing Skills in Health and Social Care programme sets out to address skills gaps across the sector, in a region where only around 50% of the adult social care workforce holds a relevant qualification, through supporting staff to access further and higher education.
The programme, which is a joint Norfolk and Suffolk venture, has secured European Social Funding to deliver a wide scale qualifications programme to the sector, with a primary focus on in-work pay and progression, enabling workers to achieve higher earning potential.
The project will deliver:
- a range of qualifications from entry level to Leadership programmes, tailored to the specific needs of the adult health and social care sector
- a mentoring programme to support staff onto progressively higher qualification programmes
As a Career Progression Mentor you will:
- support health and social care workers who are currently in work to progress into more sustainable and higher paid careers, through accessing further and higher education
- work with colleagues across the Suffolk adult health and social care sector.
- support staff who are currently in work to access further and higher education in order to develop their skills and progress into higher paid careers
- work with partners and colleagues to identify workers who meet the criteria of the project and what support would enable them to progress in their learning and careers
- work with individual employees to get them signed up to qualifications.
This is a fixed term role, initially until 31st December 2021. The role is fully funded by the European Social Fund (ESF): In Work Pay and Progression in the Health and Social Care Sector (OC24S17P0821).
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Loretta Greenacre on (01473) 264850 or email: email@example.com
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.