- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- See advert details
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 14 March 2021 11:30 PM
£28,672- £35,536 (pro rata for part time)
Suffolk County Council is offering opportunities to qualified Occupational Therapists who wish to begin, return to or move forward in their careers in social care.
In Suffolk County Council we recognize that our staff are our greatest asset and we strive to support them to be the best they can be.
The aim for our services is to focus on early intervention, recovery and enabling people to live healthy and independent lives at home for as long as possible.
There is an induction program as well as ongoing comprehensive training to support your personal and professional development. We also offer an innovative Newly Qualified Occupational Therapy Program, joint with Newly Qualified Social Workers.
As part of our Adult Service Team you will carry out high-quality assessments of physical, psychological, and environmental needs of adults and explore creative options to promote independence, wellbeing, and choice.
You will work with a wide range of adults and their carers living in the community with complex needs to support them in a variety of ways to maximize their potential, providing a role that is both fascinating and rewarding as well as challenging.
We are currently looking to recruit to the following posts:
Learning Disabilities and Autism
- Post 1 –County Wide (Grade 6) base to be arranged
- Post 2 - County Wide (Part time 18.5 hpw grade 5) base to be arranged
- Post 3 - Bury Rural Team - (Grade 5) based in Bury St Edmunds
- Post 4 - Haverhill Neighbourhood Team - (Grade 6)
- Post 5 - Mildenhall Neighbourhood Team - (Grade 5)
Ipswich and East Locality
- Post 6 - Homefirst Reablement Service - based in Ipswich (Grade 6)
- Post 7 - Flexible Care and Support Team - based in Ipswich (Grade 5 or 6
- Post 8 - Eye Integrated Neighbourhood Team(Grade 6)
- Post 9 - Woodbridge Integrated Neighbourhood Team (Part time 25 hpw grade 5)
- Post 10 -South Rural Integrated Neighbourhood Team – based in Ipswich (Part time 14.5 hpw grade 6)
Appointing you (based on your skills and experience) at either:
- Newly Qualified (Grade 5): £28,672 rising to experienced after completion of ASYE
- Experienced (Grade 5): £30,451 - £32,237
- Senior OT (Grade 6): £32,910 - £35,536
Please clearly indicate on your application which post / posts you are applying for.
ACS is proud to offer a minimum of six protected days for Social Workers and Occupational Therapists to undertake continuous professional development; ensuring these valued professionals are given sufficient time and support to enable them to maintain registration with Social Work England / Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
As an organisation we positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and often rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving license and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
A relevant Occupational Therapy qualification and HCPC registration is essential.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Fiona Smith on 07872 421566.
To apply please submit you CV and complete a short application.
Your application will be assessed when you submit it and potentially interviewed prior to the closing date.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.