- Westgate CP School and Nursery
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 28 January 2021 01:00 PM
- £18,933 - £21,748 pro rata (for BSL stage 2)
- 25 hpw, term time only.
- Fixed term until 31 August 2021.
Required from January 2021.
Westgate is a large primary school in Bury St Edmunds. The school has 313 children from Nursery through to Year 6 and a Hearing Impaired Unit.
We aim to create a caring and safe community in which everyone is valued and respected.
We have a supportive and caring staff who work together in year groups, key stages and across the whole school.
We are currently recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant experienced in working with children with hearing impairment.
You will be working as part of a dedicated unit that caters for children with severe to profound hearing loss from the age of three to eleven. You will be supporting a hearing impaired child integrated into their mainstream class within our primary school.
- have experience of working with young people
- be deaf aware
- be proficient in sign and have British Sign Language qualification Level 1 as a minimum requirement (or be prepared to undertake the course eventually achieving Level 2).
We can offer you:
- a warm and nurturing environment and supportive team.
- a developing and forward-thinking approach.
- commitment to continual professional development.
Visits to the school are not possible due to COVID 19, but please feel free to contact Miss Rankin, Teacher of the Deaf for questions about the post prior to application: firstname.lastname@example.org
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section. Please refer to the attached job description and person specification. Also, please refer to our job applicants’ privacy notice and safeguarding statement on our website: www.westgate.suffolk.sch.uk/vacancies
Applications should be sent to: Annie Drugan, School Business Manager at: email@example.com
Interview date 13 January 2021.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.