- Saxmundham Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 16 April 2021 01:00 PM
- £18,562 pro rata
- 26 hpw
- Temporary for one term
Mixed year 3/4 class.
This is an exciting and well supported opportunity to join an Academy team with a collaborative ethos and career opportunities.
We are part of Avocet Academy Trust, a group of five rural schools. Our strong philosophy puts the child at the centre of everything we do and we value collaboration challenge to achieve this.
Saxmundham is a busy and exciting school where the staff and children are committed to their on-going development and improvement.
All children at our school have a wide range of opportunities available to them to be involved in school life. The school council, eco council, sports teams, choir and annual performances provide a wealth of activities beyond everyday lessons.
As a professional interested in furthering your career development we offer quality CPD on a regular basis and the support of colleagues within school and also the wider Academy.
We are looking for a dedicated individual who is looking to join an Academy team with a collaborative ethos and career opportunities to develop leadership skills.
Our school successfully operates a method of team teaching which has seen a reduction in teacher workload and as a result a low turnover of staff - this is a golden opportunity to join our team.
- experience of working with pupils
- broad awareness and understanding of medical conditions such as asthma, epilepsy etc
- knowledge and use of a range of equipment
- awareness of health and safety procedures
- basic knowledge of first aid
- experience of one to one support, where appropriate
- recognised competence in literacy and/or numeracy
- NVQ2 or equivalent in a related area
- ability to communicate clearly
- ability to encourage participation and give feedback to pupils
- ability to maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality
- attending and contributing to review and other meetings, as appropriate
- administering reading and spelling tests, under the direction of the teacher.
At times, and according to the needs of the school, a member of staff may be asked to work in a year group or class other than the one in which they normally work.
Please contact the headteacher, Ed Pearson-Shaul, for an informal conversation or more information about the role via: email@example.com
For further information about the trust please visit: https://www.avocetacademytrust.org/careers/vacancies/
Application forms can be downloaded from the related information section and should be accompanied by a CV and letter of application and sent to the school office by post or email the office – firstname.lastname@example.org
Avocet Academy schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.