- SET Causton Junior School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 27 November 2020 09:00 AM
- £19,698 - £21,748 pro rata (actual salary £14,289 - £15,776)
- Fixed term contract until August 2021 (which may be extended beyond this date).
- 32.5 hpw, term time only, 38 weeks per year. 8.30am - 3.30pm, Monday - Friday with a half hour unpaid lunch break each day.
We are looking to appoint an approachable, experienced Wellbeing and Learning Mentor to join our established Pastoral Team. You will provide a pastoral service to teachers and class based support staff, addressing the needs of children who require assistance in overcoming barriers to learning in order to achieve their full potential, or accessing the curriculum.
As someone with excellent interpersonal skills, you will develop and maintain effective and supportive mentoring relationships with children, and those engaged with them.
This is not a class based role, it is to support children in school in a range of capacities. This may include behaviour, bereavement, interventions to increase social skills and friendship groups. Must have good communication skills as will involve speaking to parents and outside agencies. Having THRIVE training would be an advantage.
- have an understanding of the SEN Code of Practice, and inclusive practice within a school setting
- demonstrate a knowledge of the variety of barriers to learning that students face
- preferably have experience in a secondary school with excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- be able to establish positive and respectful relationships with staff and pupils
- be an effective team player with high standards of integrity and approachability.
For any questions, or to arrange a visit to the school please contact the Primary Administration Manager on (01394) 283375.
For more information about the role, and to download an application pack please visit: www.seckfordeducation.org.uk
Please return your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR Dept, Marryott House, Burkitt Road, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 4JJ; please specify which role you are applying for.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date for the right candidate.
Seckford Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).