- St Benedict's Catholic School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 06 August 2021 01:00 PM
- 13 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 7am - 8.15am and 3.30pm - 4.45pm (exact times dependent on route)
- Term time only
- Fixed term until July 2022.
We are currently recruiting a Minibus Driver to start September 2021.
- operating one of the school's bus routes, collecting children from given pick-up points along the route and delivering them safely to school each school day morning and conducting the return journey each evening
- ensuring the minibus is kept clean and in good condition, including, but not restricted to weekly cleaning of the bus, both inside and out, refuelling vehicle as required, ensuring signs inside the bus are properly attached and in good condition, regularly visual inspection/checking of tyres, lights, oil, water, flue, etc. and ensure additional work required is communicated immediately to the Site Manager
- adhering to all school policies including Health and Safety guidelines for minibus drivers
- liaising directly with parents when necessary
- undertaking any associated duties as required by the Headteacher.
- holds a current, clean and valid driving licence D1 unrestricted or a PCV licence or D1 restricted (car licence obtained prior to 01 January 1997)
- competent to undertake daily and weekly vehicle checks and carry out basic maintenance on the vehicle.
- you will need to undertake a local authority driving test and will undergo and need to pass enhanced DBS checks.
Experience, skills and knowledge
- clean and valid driving licence
- experience of driving a large vehicle
- pleasant, patient and helpful personality
- an ability to communicate with all people
- ability to work on own initiative.
- reliable and trustworthy
- flexible approach to working arrangements
- sensitivity to user needs
- willing to undertake relevant training as appropriate.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section. Applications will only be accepted on the school's application forms.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and appropriate candidates contacted therefore an early application is advised.
Interviews: As soon as possible.