- The Ashley School Academy Trust
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £17,743 - £19,591 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 01 October 2020 12:00 PM
37 hpw, 39 weeks per year.
Required from November 2020.
A unique opportunity to join an ‘Outstanding’ school.
The Ashley School Academy Trust is a very successful day / residential school for pupils with complex and moderate learning difficulties (MLD) KS2 - 4.
This is a great opportunity to join our already established and effective Pupil and Family Support (PFS) Team. We are seeking an exceptional and committed member of staff to join our successful PFS team to support and further develop our highly regarded services. You will be expected to lead and facilitate a key pastoral area across the school. We are particularly interested in applicants with interest and skills within ‘Boys to Men’ (supporting male adolescence / transition to manhood) and Training staff within ‘Positive Handling’. We are looking for someone who will lead by example, provide inspiration and build positive relationships with pupil, staff and families.
The school is proud of its excellent provision. We support and invest in our staff and their continuous professional development, enabling outstanding outcomes for pupils.
Can you rise to this challenge? Do you have:
- the ability to build exceptional relationships with SEND pupils
- high expectations for all children and young people
- excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- commitment to raising standards
- an open mind to grow and develop with the school?
Do you have the skills to:
- lead new initiatives, monitor student progress and assess impact
- facilitate ‘boys to men’
- lead with training on ‘positive handling’
- promote high quality learning and teaching
- be innovative, a strategic thinker, with vision and the ability to effectively plan for future development
- to inspire and support colleagues?
Enthusiasm and commitment to working with and raising achievement for pupils with SEND is paramount. For a personal discussion about the school and your aspirations, please contact Sally Garrett, Headteacher. Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please contact Donna Petty, PA, to make an appointment via email: email@example.com
For an application form and further details, please contact Donna Petty, at The Ashley School Academy Trust, Ashley Downs, Lowestoft NR32 4EU or download the application pack from our website: http://www.ashleyschool.co.uk/news/vacancies
The Ashley School Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are mandatory for all posts. We welcome diversity.