- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See advert details
- Salary details:
- See advert
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Various Hours Available
- Closing date:
- 17 March 2021 11:30 PM
Positions and hours available across Suffolk, so you can work in your local area.
We are particularly looking for people who can work in the following areas: Felixstowe, Babergh area, Mildenhall, Newmarket, Haverhill, Sudbury, Bury and Bury Rural, Diss, Eye, Saxmundham, Halesworth, Southwold, Lowestoft, Beccles and Bungay.
Home First, Adult and Community Services (ACS), Suffolk County Council.
Home First is our in-house care and reablement support service in the council, which supports the most vulnerable people in Suffolk.
As part of our service, you would help us assist people to regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living in their own homes for longer.
In this role, you will:
- create and maintain positive relationships with customers and family carers
- promote health, wellbeing and independence to the customer
- develop the independence of customers through care plans / short term enablement plans
- provide general advice and guidance to customers to help them to make informed choices
- at times, assist customers with dignified and intimate personal care needs
- engage with customers, family carers and others to promote alternative ways to meet and maintain their long-term needs
- promote a range of services to help people live independently and safely at home
- monitor customers progress against care plans and complete records for the ongoing review process.
- a variety of working patterns are available
- you can work evening and / or weekend working only.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For a conversation about the positions we have available, please call the contact from your part of Suffolk:
- North Suffolk - Tracy Anderson on (01473) 260442
- East/Central Suffolk - Kimmy Johnson on (01473) 263436
- West Suffolk - Simone Murrell on (01449) 742871.
Alternatively, please email Homefirstrecruitment@suffolk.gov.uk for further information.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying.
Apply by uploading your CV and submitting a short online application form.
We will review your application as soon as you submit it and if successful, start you as soon as possible.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.
This is a social care role.