- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Zero Hours
- Closing date:
- 11 May 2021 11:30 PM
- £12.20 ph
- Flexible, zero hour contract
- SCC Ref: 36
Required as soon as possible.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) Home First Team as a Bank Support Worker, working from various locations across Suffolk, so you can work in and cover your local area.
- Would you like to work in an incredibly varied, challenging and rewarding role?
- Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of people in Suffolk?
Home First is our in-house care and reablement support service in the council, which supports the most vulnerable people in Suffolk.
As part of our service, you would help us assist people to regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living in their own homes for longer.
In this role, you will:
- create and maintain positive relationships with customers and family carers
- promote health, wellbeing and independence to the customer
- develop the independence of customers through care plans / short term enablement plans
- provide general advice and guidance to customers to help them to make informed choices
- at times, assist customers with personal care needs in a dignified way
- engage with customers, family carers and others to promote alternative ways to meet and maintain their long-term needs
- promote a range of services to help people live independently and safely at home,
- monitor customers progress against care plans and complete records for the ongoing review process.
You will need:
- effective communication to work closely with customers and family carers in order to promote independence
- ability to treat customers with respect and dignity and support/communicate with customers in the way they choose
- the ability to “think on your feet” and make immediate decisions as required, e.g. knowing when to seek medical help for customers and refer to team leaders.
To be a part of the bank, it is essential you hold a Care Certificate and Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification.
Home First provides a short term re-ablement care and support service to people living in their own homes. This may be following a stay in hospital, an illness or crisis at home or help to avoid an admission in to hospital. You will be working closely with our colleagues from ACS Cluster Teams, Independent Providers, Health, the Boroughs and Districts, the Multi Agency Safeguarding and a wide range of agencies such as those in the voluntary sector.
We will offer you
- excellent rates of pay including enhanced rates for bank holidays
- free induction training
- free uniform and DBS (CRB) check
- paid mileage (45p) and paid travel time
- refer a friend bonus (T&Cs apply)
- a mobile phone
- a wide range of benefits including local authority pension, high street discounts and car lease scheme (T&Cs apply).
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact either: Simone Murrell on (01449) 742871 or Tracy Anderson on (01473) 260442
Travelling requirements for your role
Frequent Travel - This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role, you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
We will review your application as soon as you submit it and if successful, start you as soon as possible.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.