- Julian Support
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £17,893 - £19,567 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 05 August 2020 09:00 AM
You will work across 7 days on a fixed rota.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to take on the role of Peer Support Worker within the West Suffolk 24hr Supported Housing Team.
As a Peer Support Worker you will use your own experience of living with a mental health condition and accessing mental health services in order to support others in their recovery. This is a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the role.
You will be part of a team who provide support for adults with mental health problems, at our supported housing services. We support people to identify and use their strengths to help manage the things in life they find difficult and thereby promote recovery and greater independence.
You will be encouraged to:
- ensure that service delivery reflects Julian Support’s commitment to the strengths approach and recovery model
- work in partnership with service users to identify and access individual social and leisure activities in the community, which may include co-producing group activities that are sustainable and promote independence
- to use your lived experience of mental health to enable service users to develop hope, motivation and recovery and to broaden their network of support in the wider community.
- to work with Recovery Coordinators to identify the correct resources and method to deliver the support, risk and management plans
- to complete all necessary paperwork, electronic records and data inputting (e.g. records of service user contacts and data reports) to the required standard and within designated timescales.
- liaise effectively with other statutory and non-statutory professionals and the wider community to help support service users with their recovery.
We offer a full induction and relevant training to enable you to fulfil the role of Peer Support Worker.
For a confidential discussion about the role, and whether it might suit you, please contact Phil Mathews, Service Manager on 07734 511117.
If you wish to apply, please complete an application form from our website www.juliansupport.org ensuring you give as much detailed evidence as possible to show how you meet the essential and desirable criteria listed in the job description / person specification.
Please email a completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Human Resources, Julian Support, 23 Pilling Park Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 4PA
For all of our posts you will need to be DBS checked on the enhanced scheme and barred checklist.