- Orwell Housing
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 23 October 2020 01:00 PM
£8.72 - £9.18 ph
Care to join us? … Together We Make a Difference
Based at Fitzwilliam Close, Woodbridge.
- Do you want to be part of something truly special?
- Do you want to know that the job you do helps people lead independent lives and gives them the tools to set and achieve their own goals?
Supporting and caring is at the heart of what we do, and we are delighted to be recruiting for a part-time Support Worker.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and person-centered Support Worker to join our wonderful Learning Disabilities team.
This role is key to ensuring our tenants are supported with individualised flexible and responsive support. You will work closely with Service Managers and other team members to ensure an excellent service is delivered.
Your responsibilities will include:
- supporting tenants with everyday domestic and leisure activities
- providing personal care
- administration and storage of medication
- You are enthusiastic, approachable, caring and patient.
- You have experience working with adults with learning disabilities or are interested in learning to work in a supported living environment.
- You are eager to learn, develop and progress through a well-supported training programme, with an opportunity to work towards a QCF in Health and Social Care.
Our tenants’ ideal candidates will:
- have the ability to communicate and engage with them
- be passionate about making a difference in their lives
- have energy, humour and be fun to be with
- embrace and support people's individualities.
If you have the passion to deliver first rate care and support and the drive to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
What’s in it for you?
- reward and recognition awards
- Introduce Someone You Know bonus scheme
- free DBS checks
- free Hepatitis vaccination
- free Flu vaccination
- 22 - 26 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- wellbeing promise
- the opportunity to be a part of something truly special
- flexible working and training.
What our people say about us…
“It’s such a rewarding job and I love making a difference”
Beth, Support Worker – Balfour House
“I’m so supported by Orwell”
Amy, Support Worker – Balfour House
“My job is interesting and sometimes challenging, but I love it!”
Sue, Support Worker – Idaway
“There are so many great opportunities working for Orwell”
Natalie, Support Worker – Fitzwilliam Close/Balfour House
For more information on our Learning Disabilities vacancies email: email@example.com
Or apply via our website: www.orwell-housing.co.uk/work-with-us
Interview date: w/c 26 October 2020.
Full PPE will be provided including certified face masks which are always required to be worn in line with current Public Health England guidelines.
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.