- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 23 May 2021 11:30 PM
- £20,903 pro rata for part time
- 37 hours per week (part time hours can be considered)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) Placement Brokerage Service as a Placement Support Officer, working from Endeavour House, Ipswich.
Your role will involve working alongside hospital teams, social work professionals, contract management teams and providers of care home and homecare services.
The role is pivotal to delivering person-centred care and support services for people who require them. Suffolk County Council is focused on providing great outcomes for customers and all placements must:
- promote individual choice and control
- support independence and wellbeing
- deliver the best possible outcomes for people.
- be encouraged to explore innovative solutions to meet the demand for care and support services
- promote Suffolk County Council's vision, objectives, and priorities effectively to our customers, our partners, and the public, and inspire others by role modelling our organisational values at all times
- promote a culture of value for money, outcome-based customer focus and continuous improvement.
Travelling requirements for your role
Frequent Travel - This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role, you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Louise Garrett on 01473 260991 or email Louise.Garrett@suffolk.gov.uk
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.