- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 13 May 2021 11:30 PM
- £20,903 pro rata for part time
- 37 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) Inclusion Service as a Specialist Placement Support Officer working from Endeavour House (currently working from home).
Suffolk County Council are currently recruiting for a forward thinking and dedicated Specialist Placement Support Officer to join the Specialist Provision team. This role will support with the collation of information on education placements of Children and Young People (CYP) with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) within specialist settings, which will enable CYP to access appropriate education in a timely manner whilst also informing future commissioning decisions within the County.
• to support with the collation of information on placements of CYP with SEND within specialist settings
• supports in future commissioning options whilst also enabling the Inclusion Service to make placements at our specialist provisions to meet the needs of our children and young people
• this role will report to the Specialist Placement Coordinator who has oversight of the placement process.
The overall responsibilities of this role are to offer support to the Specialist Placement Coordinator in maintaining the relevant databases which hold pupil level information on where they are receiving their education. This will ensure that senior leaders can identify commissioning decisions based on up-to-date data, by understanding where providers have available spaces and where the potential to grow is required. This role also enables those working directly with CYP and their families to keep them regularly updated and understand their expectations with possible SEND placements being agreed.
You will need:
• a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• skills in communicating with others in a variety of ways
• to be able to work using own initiative and be able to self-motivate to prioritise workload.
The Specialist Provision team are responsible for ensuring quality in the specialist settings where Suffolk place children and young people (CYP) who have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). This team is also responsible for the development of new specialist provision within Suffolk and commissioning the services to ensure we have what is required to meet the needs of our CYP.
We will offer you:
• a great opportunity to grow your career within a strong and vibrant team whilst making a real difference for Children and Young People every day.
Travelling requirements for your role:
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Laura Greenland on (01473) 263581.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed at the bottom of this advert.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.