- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See advert details
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 16 May 2021 11:30 PM
- £30,451 - £39,759 plus Retention payment*
- Various hours available
Are you empowered by being able to see and feel positive change?
We are looking for people like you, who share the same care, support and dedication as we do.
We are committed to flexible working and commit to supporting staff to deliver their roles effectively. We recognise that good health, safety, and wellbeing is integral to the way we work and understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work life balance. We understand that work life balance means different things to different people and we’d welcome a conversation about how we can best support you to be the best you can within your role and to support the children of Suffolk.
Children and Young People (CYP) are looking for Social Workers and Experienced Social workers to join our field work and fostering and adoption teams throughout Suffolk.
- Social Workers: £30,451 - £33,782 plus annual £4000 retention payment (pro rata for part time).
- Experienced Social Workers: £34,472 - £39,759 plus annual £3500 retention payment (pro rata for part time).
Here in Suffolk we are proud to have created an environment where social workers can achieve the outcomes they came into the profession to do.
We were recognised as one of leading social work authorities in the UK, whose children’s services are rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, "Services for children are of an exceptionally high standard.
They are child-focused and make a positive difference to children's lives." (Ofsted, 2019). We have a well embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help. ‘Signs of Safety’ enables us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with all the families, colleagues and organisations we are working with.
- We have positions available across the County.
- We limit caseloads for all Social Workers and Experienced Social Workers to 25.
- You will receive support and guidance by a team of friendly dedicated Social Workers like you that aspire to make a positive difference to the young people and families of Suffolk.
You will need:
- A relevant social work qualification and Social Work England registration is essential.
We will offer you:
- a supportive and pioneering practice where you can make a real difference while enjoying the benefits of living in Suffolk.
- the opportunity to grow professionally and further your career in social work through supportive career pathways if you wish to progress and develop in front line practice as well as specific interests.
- a retention payment of up to £4,000 for Social Workers within CYP along with an additional 3 days annual leave (pro rata for part time).
- all new social workers moving to Suffolk have access to a relocation package of up to £8,000 and a car leasing scheme and a welcome loan of £2,000.
To view the types of flexible or part time working available for this role, please see the Job and Person Profile.
For internal applicants only, please complete a statement of interest and return this via email: email@example.com
For an informal discussion, please either email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Steve Blaney, Social Care Service Manager on 07713092428 or Robina Khan, Head of Fostering and Adoption 07860832385
Interview date: w/c 31 May 2021 (where possible, we will offer candidates the opportunity to interview ahead of this date).
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.