- Business Support Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 19 January 2021 11:30 PM
Circa £17,940 per annum
Temporary contract for two years
Love being busy, working in a fast-paced operational team?
This role involves working on the front reception to meet and greet our customers or answering their calls to get them to the services they want or need. Being the first port of call you will be friendly, polite and professional. Every day will be different! If you have the ability to multi-task, with an excellent telephone manner and enjoy problem solving then this role will give you a feel-good feeling as you leave the office each evening!
What you could be part of…
Our customer service advisors work as part of the wider Corporate Business Support Team. Dealing with a variety or customers on behalf of both Councils and their Early Help Hubs and Children’s Services based at our Offices. We want all customers to feel welcomed and helped whatever their enquiry.
Working here would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Respond to all web-based enquiries, including email and Social media requests, to the council by directing customers to self-serve where appropriate or to the right service areas
- Provide a customer facing meet and greet service to visitors to the council and operate an efficient switchboard service signposting and redirecting customers to either self-serve online, or to the most appropriate council team
- Work as part of a team to ensure standards of customer care are consistent and performance indicators are met with a focus on continuous service improvements
- Work with the Service Manager to enhance the digital media platforms of the council to enable customers to access services at their own convenience
You must have…
- NVQ 2 in Administration or above in Customer Service or equivalent experience.
- An excellent understanding of customer’s needs and customer service skills
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to achieve desired outcomes
- attention to detail and able to make sound decisions in order to resolve customer issues.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Kim Woodhouse on 01508 533846 or Haidee Green 01603 430433 to answer these for you.
Interview date: 27 January 2021