- Quality and Systems Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £22,571 pro rata per annum
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 20 per week
- Closing date:
- 09 August 2020 11:30 PM
Help transform our approach to systems and information!
Do you relish having a varied role and being part of a busy team? An opportunity has arisen within our Housing and Benefits Team to provide day to day systems and information support. You will be working across a variety of key services provided by the team, liaising with colleagues, residents and customers.
What you could be part of…
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Acting as the day to day point of contact for all Registered Social Landlord partners for the advertising and letting of properties in accordance with standards, policies and procedures
- Maintaining accurate Temporary Accommodation charging records and deliver the financial recovery service for the Rent Advance and Recovery Scheme
- Maintaining and administering the core systems used by Housing and Benefits Service including managing systems upgrades, patches and defect resolution, providing support to the team
- Maintaining the integrity of the data in the systems to ensure data quality and compliance. Creating and run routine and ad-hoc reports to respond to both internal and external information and data requests
You must have…
5 GCSEs A-C grade or equivalent; or be able to demonstrate ability at this level. Experience of working in a housing, advice or other customer facing role. Technical experience relating to a range of databases, spreadsheets and the development of management information reporting processes. The ability to advise, support and train colleagues across a mixture of technical queries, system support, reporting requests, and procedure advice. Demonstrable creative and innovative problem-solving skills within a systems and/or customers service environment.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Phil Butler on 07832 417818 to answer these for you.
Closing date: 09 August 2020
Interview date: 17 August 2020
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.