- Internal Audit Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton
- Salary details:
- Circa £22,571 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 16 May 2021 11:30 PM
Salary: Circa £22,571 per annum
Location: South Norfolk House with home working.
Other key information: Study and training for professional Internal Audit related qualification.
Role Snapshot… Are you driven, methodical and enthusiastic? Would you like to work towards obtaining a professional qualification with on the job training? Then please look at this fantastic opportunity and take the first step towards a valuable career in assurance services.
What you could be part of…
Join our team to help deliver a high-quality Internal Audit service to seven local authorities in and around Norfolk.
Our well-established Internal Audit Consortium led by South Norfolk Council, needs a highly driven, methodical, and enthusiastic individual to assist in the management of the Internal Audit Service. In return you will have the opportunity to study towards the CIA qualification, a reputable qualification for Internal Audit professionals.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- To assist the Internal Audit Manager to manage and monitor the completion of each Council’s risk based internal audit plan.
- To assist with contract management duties ensuring the external Internal Audit provider meets the requirement of the contract.
- Helping the Internal Audit Manager with the development of the risk-based audit plans for each authority for the year ahead.
- Helping to manage the provision of the Internal Audit service for each client, including:
- Monitoring the overall effectiveness of Internal Audit, through ownership of the feedback process.
- Compiling information and reports on the status of audit recommendations for reporting to members.
- Assisting with the monitoring of progress against each Council’s/Authorities Internal Audit plan and helping to compile reports highlighting progress to members.
- Raising purchase orders and recharge invoices for the service.
- Maintenance of Internal Audit system files, contract management documents and reporting timetables.
You must have…
- Good standard of education including numeracy and literacy.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills.
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Produces accurate and timely work.
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas.
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate.
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge.
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development.
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly and at home to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well an opportunity to undertake training for a recognised Internal Audit qualification.
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Faye Haywood on 01508 533873 to answer these for you.