- Environmental Protection Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £26,493 - £31,119
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 25 November 2020 01:00 PM
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract for Six Months
Other key information: 2 posts available.
Calling experienced leaders of key frontline workers: Help us to help our communities keep safe during Covid
Covid case numbers are rising. As part of county-wide response planning, Broadland and South Norfolk councils are recruiting Covid Support Advisors. These will form two geographic teams working alongside existing services to help prevent and minimise the spread of Covid. We need two experienced leaders to inspire, organise, task and coordinate these teams as they travel widely to assist residents and local businesses, talking to people and assisting with their advice and support needs.
If you are experienced in getting the best out of a purposeful, highly responsive and influential peripatetic team, and you are a results-driven accomplished communicator, this may be just the role for you. You will lead a team of five to ten Covid Support Advisors and be responsible for their positive impact in a geographical area:
• helping to make our commercial areas and public spaces safe to visit and to shop
• offering local people and communities suitable reassurance and confidence
• responding to needs and issues arising from time to time with community problem-solving
These posts will be offered on short fixed-term contracts for six months, subject to potential extension. Given the pressing needs to control the spread of Covid right now, preference will be given to candidates who can start immediately and work full-time hours. This role may be of particular interest to community work, health and social care workers and former emergency service / armed forces personnel.
Training will be provided. The work will be covered by Covid risk assessments and suitable protective measures.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
Interview date: Friday 27 November 2020