- HR and OD
- Place of work:
- Home based; South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £26,493 per annum (pro rata)
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 1 x 37 hours per week and 1 x 24 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 28 February 2021 11:30 PM
Salary: Circa £26,493 per annum (pro rata)
Hours: 1 x 37 hours per week, 1 x 24 hours per week
Contract Type: 12-month fixed term contracts
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a proactive, fast paced, customer focused HR Team
Role Snapshot… Do you enjoy working in a busy HR team who focus on customer service, quality and innovation? Are you knowledgeable in your field, able to exceed expectations while managing a diverse workload, showing enthusiasm and professionalism in all that you do? Then read on...
What you could be part of…
This is an exciting time to be joining us on our journey, we have recently created one workforce to serve both South Norfolk and Broadland District Council’s, with the HR team being integral to continuing the success of this transition.
Our busy HR Team deals with a range of queries from employees, managers and the public. We put our customer service first, aiming to exceed expectations and provide a quality service using technology as much as possible to aid performance.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focused services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve and assist, making a real positive difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Be the first point of contact for all first level HR queries/activities giving operational advice and support to managers on all people related matters including recruitment/selection, discipline, grievance, change management, policy interpretation, job evaluation and employment law
- Supporting delivery of specific HR projects
- Support HR casework/activities as directed and providing all the necessary support and advice to managers
- Support to staff on matters relating to their health, wellbeing and employment
You must have…
- Relevant HR qualification (or in the process of undertaking this qualification, at level 5 or above), or the equivalent level of experiential learning
- Demonstrable experience working in a busy HR environment and working closely with managers/service areas
- Demonstrable knowledge of employment law and HR practice
- Experience of using an HR/payroll system, (iTrent would be desirable)
- Experience of developing relationships with a range of internal/external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence including good listening skills and the ability to respond to the diverse needs of others
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Tamara Skoulding on 01508 508729 to answer these for you.
This vacancy will be open for a minimum of one week and will close once a sufficient number of applications have been received.