- Bungay Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 27 November 2020 01:00 PM
- £17,842 pro rata (£9.25 ph)
- 27.5 hpw (full time) or 17.5 hpw (part time)
- A lunchtime duty will be required 2.5 hpw (£9.25 ph)
- Fixed term until 31 August 2021
Required from December 2020.
Bungay Primary School has excellent facilities for children and staff.
We are an expanding school and offer an extremely supportive team of highly committed and hardworking staff and governors. We have a wonderful learning environment and enthusiastic, happy and motivated children who enjoy learning.
We are seeking to recruit a caring, creative, experienced and outstanding learning support assistant to join our team and work with a child, on a 1:1 basis, while they remain in our school. Experience of dealing with a range of challenging behaviours and knowledge of de-escalation techniques would be essential.
Under the guidance of teaching staff, you will be responsible for working with a child on a 1:1 basis but you may also be required to work with groups of pupils and will be expected to plan small group activities, as well as be responsible for assessing pupil’s progress and achievement throughout the year.
You will join a friendly and committed staff team in a good teaching and learning environment. There will be opportunities throughout the year for Professional Development Training.
- Excellent knowledge of the curriculum for your specialist phase.
- Experience of planning and being responsible for children in your specialist phase.
- Experience of assessment
- Excellent phonic and SPAG knowledge.
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification.
- GCSE in English and mathematics
- Desirable evidence of post GCSE qualifications – HLTA Qualification.
- ICT literate
- Experience/ knowledge of running interventions- i.e. Numicon, Phonics, Catch Up
- Behaviour management experience/training
- Willingness to run clubs.
Personal qualities and attributes
- Creativity and initiative to create resources and plan exciting, practical and meaningful learning experiences for primary children.
- Encourages children to reach their full potential in terms of academic achievement but also their social and emotional development.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be flexible.
- A commitment to working in partnership with parents.
We can offer you:
- High-quality induction and continuing professional development.
- a supportive staff, senior leadership team, governing body and parents.
Please download the application form and guidance from the related information section.
Completed application forms to be returned to the school, via email, post or hand delivery: Bungay Primary School, Wingfield Street, Bungay, Suffolk NR35 1HA Tel: (01986) 892209. Email: email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.