- St Mark's Catholic Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 04 May 2021 12:00 PM
- MPR (0.52 FTE)
- Wednesday from 11am, Thursday and Friday
- Maternity cover for up to one year
- Required from September 2021.
St Mark’s Catholic Primary School, Ipswich, is looking to appoint an experienced Reception Class Teacher who is able to work within our highly motivated EYFS team so to maintain the high standards already established by the Early Years Team.
Safeguarding children is of prime concern to us and all relevant checks will be undertaken.
You will need to:
- support the Catholic ethos of our school and provide excellent pastoral care through a nurturing approach.
- be innovative, enthusiastic and creative in their approach to teaching, delivering outstanding learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom.
- be a team player with strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- be a confident practitioner who expects and maintains the highest standards of pupil achievement and behaviour for learning
- have an excellent understanding of the EYFS framework, Early Learning Goals and assessment
- have a clear commitment to the safeguarding of all children
- foster positive relationships with pupils, staff, parents and other stakeholders
- demonstrate a commitment to a growth-mind-set approach and understanding of metacognition and self-regulation.
In return, St Mark’s offers:
- happy, motivated and well-behaved children, including our Little Lions in Reception
- a friendly, hardworking team of wonderful staff and supportive parents and governors
- opportunities for ongoing professional development
- support from the Leadership team
- generous PPA allowance.
Visits to the school are welcomed (subject to COVID guidelines) – please contact the school office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 6 and 7 May 2021.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.