- Guildhall Feoffment Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 30 November 2020 01:00 PM
- MPR (0.4 FTE) + TLR 2 (£2,873 pro rata )
- 2 days pw
- Required for January 2021 or as soon after as possible.
Stop searching, you have found your perfect role.
Our children are looking for a caring and knowledgeable SENDCo to join our amazing team.
We are a two-form entry primary school in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are research focused and have an inspiring team of teachers and support staff waiting to work alongside you to champion the needs of our children with SEN. Each class has a TA every day with additional staff who are trained in speech and language, dyslexia and ELSA. We also have Nurture provision and a dedicated member of support staff, the SEN provision lead, who will work closely with you to undertake the operational side of your role.
This is a strategic role as a member of the senior leadership team and as such carries a TLR 2. The post is two days a week on days of the week we are happy to set with you. More days will be offered for exceptionally busy times of the year.
As our perfect candidate, you will:
- hold the National Award for SENCO Qualification
- be an experienced teacher having taught both key stages
- be a strong and experienced senior leader, who is committed to providing the highest standards of provision for SEND pupils
- be an excellent practitioner with high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
- be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, with all members of the school community
- be dedicated to their own professional development
- have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to growing our team
- be familiar with working in Suffolk and have experience of the necessary procedures, processes and systems in place.
In return we will:
- give you the support and resources you need to do your job to the best of your ability
- surround you with passionate and dedicated staff and utterly delightful children
- involve you in the life of the school and its community
- give you a school close to an amazing shopping centre in dramatic surroundings.
We may not be able to meet you in person before the interview but are happy to meet virtually and show you the school or answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to get in touch with us.
If you are interested in this post, an application form and job description are available from our school website: www.guildhallfeoffment.org Alternatively, you can request a copy via email: email@example.com
Interviews: 7 December 2020. (these may be virtual depending upon local and national guidelines).
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.