- Sybil Andrews Academy
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 13 May 2021 09:00 AM
- £44,331 - £50,151 pa - Leadership 3-8
- Required from September 2021
- Full time, permanent.
Sybil Andrews Academy is focused exclusively on making a difference to the lives of young people. We are looking for a SENDCo to lead on the Teaching and Learning, Progress and Outcomes of SEND students.
Our core aims and values are:
- being a great place to work where colleagues are valued, supported and encouraged to grow
- a school which seeks to challenge itself
- a school which embraces creativity, innovation and change driven by all colleagues.
Sybil Andrews Academy offers a bespoke training programme to all its staff. Our SENDCo will benefit from being a member of the Unity Schools Partnership which celebrates both professional development and career progression. The Teaching school which is part of Unity will support you in this post and your future career.
At Sybil Andrews Academy we see the right person for this role as being:
- actively engaged with current teaching and learning practices
- willing to be adaptable and flexible
- able to provide updates to the Senior Leadership Team where necessary and be actively part of meetings pertaining to this.
Furthermore, we see the right person as being able to lead the SEND department and provide both strategic and operational aims and objectives to the team in both the short and long-term.
Our new SENDCo will:
- have a relentless drive to improve the outcomes for all SEND students at the academy
- be uncompromising about their approach to inclusion and learning for all SEND students
- able to manage, coach and mentor a team of individuals in order to get the best out of every staff member
- understand how to be strategic and meet the aims and purposes of wider academy improvement objectives
- be willing to undertake SENDCO training with immediate effect
- effectively articulate the SEND vision for the school
- provide regular and decisive updates relating to SEND to relevant stakeholders
- lead on and manage specific interventions pertaining to SEND students
- be an active part of the Senior Leadership Team and where relevant, Trust meetings
- work alongside the Deputy Headteacher – Academic on teaching and learning priorities across the academy.
Teaching load will be proportionate to the role, approximately 10-12 periods per fortnight. This may include specific teaching of SEN students.
If you would like an informal discussion with Trenica King, Headteacher, or Harrison Ruffell, Deputy Headteacher – Academic, prior to submitting your application please telephone Jo Edwards, Headteacher’s PA, on (01284) 413400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply, please use the following link: candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk
If you are a current employee of Unity Schools Partnership, please use the following link to apply: candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk
Interview date: w/c 17 May 2021.
Unity Schools Partnership is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
Unity Schools Partnership, welcoming diversity.