- Thomas Wolsey Ormiston Academy
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 14 May 2021 01:00 PM
- MPR + SEN
- Full time from September 2021.
- Fixed term for 5 years
We are an ‘all age’ school and everyone must be prepared to work right across school from the Nursery to Year 11.
In this instance, experience of teaching Key Stage 2 and secondary age pupils would be an advantage.
- Do you have experience of teaching children with profound and multiple learning, physical and medical needs?
- Have you worked with children and young people who achieve below age related expectations yet have age expected interests and wishes?
- Do you understand the principles and importance of personalised, heuristic, cross curricula learning?
- Do you have a specialist interest area to offer, such as Forest schools, which adds enrichment to the curriculum experience?
- Have you led a school on science or mathematics in a ‘SEND context’?
- Are you organised yet flexible and creative in response to the constantly changing needs of every child, every day?
- Are you an optimistic person with drive but are also patient and kind?
- Are you a team player, able to follow your own initiative yet support colleagues throughout each day?
We offer excellent support to our staff ensuring that all get the additional support and training they need and opportunities to build upon their experience and progress further in their career.
Our school caters for children from 3 - 16 with complex physical, medical and sensory needs. We have an evolving school population of 90+ pupils with ever more complex needs. We are an Outstanding special school, with inclusion at its heart. We are in purpose-built accommodation and there are over one hundred multi-disciplinary staff on site, working to support our children's educational, health, physical and emotional development.
Rated Outstanding in all areas (Ofsted, October 2018).
“Pupils state they feel safe at school and feel fully included. Parents have confidence in the school and feel their child is safe at school. Staff have a determination to work with pupils to achieve their best and are aware of pupils’ individual strengths and areas for development. There is a calm, purposeful atmosphere in all classes. The inclusion of the multi-therapy team of physiotherapists, occupational and speech and language therapists on-site enables pupils to be positioned correctly and ready to learn. (They work closely with staff to assist in training and development so that this is a benefit of the pupils in the classroom). Pupils are very happy in and around the school. They are inquisitive, yet polite and very keen to talk about the school and their role on the school council. Pupils have a rich range of learning experiences, which enable them to develop skills across a variety of areas.
There is no change to the school’s current overall effectiveness grade of Outstanding as a result of this inspection.” (Ofsted October 2018).
If you have any questions, please contact school (01473) 467600 and ask for Helen MacDougall, Principal or Helen Dickenson, Vice Principal.
To apply, please see the job description, person specification and an online application form at: oatcareers.co.uk
Interview date: 20 May 2021.
Thomas Wolsey is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and exceptional references covering the last 5 years. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.